Thursday, December 16, 2010

First Race Camp & First Broken Ski

The first BCPAST ski camp was a great start to the season.  It was great to ski with the team again.

We free skied Friday and Jeff broke the first ski of the season. He broke the ski first run, first turn.  I wasn't there to witness but apparently it was pretty spectacular.  Jeff did a rotation and a half before landing ski first and popping out of the binding.  Looks like Jeff is down a GS ski for the season, we'll keep track over the season of how many skis we destroy.

Saturday we trained slalom on Blackcomb.  I had binding problems so I skied slalom on my Head Mojo 190cm.  We had tons of fun and conditions were great!  Soft snow, maybe too soft, the last training runs had huge ruts in it.  We ended up jumping rut to rut in the last run of the day.  Tons of fun as always.

Sunday, big weather change. It was super wet.  Andreas and I did one run on Green chair and were soaked. The snow was soo wet it sounded like water lapping at the front of a canoe when you were going through the powder. We went in for a team meeting and decided to disband.  Jeff and I went for a few laps but we were done pretty quickly.  First day on the new crown skis, they didn't get a fair test but they still felt really good can't wait to get them on a real powder day.  Also it was my first day with my GoPro, movie is to come soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment